Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Want to Buy a Laptop?


Want a laptop but unsure of which brand to buy? Or do you want to know the possibilities of your laptop to break down?


Check out this research by SquareTrade on laptop reliability! SquareTrade analyzed failure rates for over 30,000 new laptop computers covered by SquareTrade Laptop Warranty plans and found that one-third of all laptops will fail within 3 years. SquareTrade also found that netbooks are 20% more unreliable than other laptops, and that Asus and Toshiba are the most reliable laptop brands

The Research

I personally use Vaio though. When I bought my vaio 2 years ago, there were no other laptop with similar specs that's not far in price nor cheaper.

After 2 years, the only problem with my Vaio is simply that it overheats quickly, which is easy to repair. It only needs a parts refitting and cleaning, and it's back in a great condition!

My experience with others

My sister used Acer laptop in the past, which simply breaks down to a nearly useless state after 2-3 years. And I have to say, it didn't impress me at all. After 2 years, it overheats a lot, and simply died after around half-an-hour of usage.

I myself used Toshiba laptop when I was in high school ( which started 5 years ago ). It's great at first, but the coating on the laptop kind of wears down after a year, and made marks all over. After around 2 and a half years, it started to breakdown, and I retired it after 3 years of usage, switching to my current laptop, Vaio.

No comments:

Post a Comment